Call for Hokkaido Neuroethology Workshops 2014 (HNW2014)
Satellite symposia for 2014 ICN / JSCPB
We cordially invite proposals for ICN Satellite Symposia, which will be called “Hokkaido Neuroethology Workshops 2014” and held on 27 July 2014 at the Faculty of Science, Hokkaido University on the Sapporo campus. Up to 9 slots (8 small / medium sized rooms with 33-108 seats and one theater that accommodates 262 people) are available from 08:30 to 20:00, each equipped with video projector, screen, microphones and free WiFi. Coffee and light snacks will be served by the local host, and room charges are not required. The HNW2014 is sponsored by the Faculty of Science, and hosted by Laboratories of Behavioral Neurobiology in the Department of Biological Sciences. Please note that if required, it will be possible to hold workshops for 2 consecutive days starting from 26 July; contact us for details.
Workshop organizers must be members of ISN or JSCPB, and all participants of the proposed workshops are expected to register for 2014ICN/JSCPB. Please note that HNW2014 is planned to encourage people to come to 2014ICN/JSCPB, but is organized independently of the main body of the congress. Upon request, and after careful assessment of the submitted proposals, the local host will offer partial support for travel expenses (max JPY \100,000 per person) for a limited number of speakers travelling from abroad (ca. 10 people in total).
The deadline for submission of proposals is 30 September 2013. Proposals will be reviewed by the local host committee and decisions on slot allocation and travel expense support will be announced as soon as possible.
The following workshops are welcome:
1. Topics specialized in particular groups of animals, methods and/or concepts in neuroethology and related fields of science. Novel and challenging interactions among different subjects in biology, neuroscience, psychology and robotics are also encouraged.
2. Each workshop organizer(s) is responsible for contacting speakers and making announcements to the participants, as well as management of the workshop. The announcements may be sent to the potential participants via the ISN mailing list and/or the sites of 2014ICN/JSCPB and HNW2014. Ask the local host for details.
3. Workshops are expected to be open for all participants who have registered in 2014ICN/JSCPB, however closed meetings may also be accepted. Extra charges for participants are not recommended.
4. The topic and the proposed speakers may partially overlap with the symposia accepted by the ICN Program Committee and the Gordon Research Conference.
5. The number of speakers and the style of sessions may be freely determined by each workshop organizer. The timetable need not be coherent among parallel workshops.
Please include the following information in your proposal:
1. name and affiliation of the corresponding organizer(s)
2. the title of your proposed workshop together with the basic theme or area of the workshop
3. a short statement (2-3 sentences) describing the goal of your workshop and its contribution to neuroethology
4. name, affiliation and contact information (e-mail and postal address) of 1-2 speakers whom you consider appropriate for travel expenses support
5. expected number of participants (organizers + speakers + participants) and your requested meeting room (see attachment). any other requests (e.g., space for poster session, poster boards, assistance for people with disabilities and minorities of any kind)
Please contact us for submission of proposals and further inquiries at: email@example.com
The URL for the satellite symposia is as follows;